Wednesday, June 28, 2006

 

flux capacitor.... fluxing

hey dad, you gonna shave sometime this year, or what?

Hi Auntie!

commffffyyy

Hey there, sorry (even though you’re NEVER supposed to apologize for not globbing, but I’ll break precedent) for my prolonged absence from this here space. All is well, the little girl is doing fantabulous, she’s got a pediatrician appointment tomorrow at which point we’ll see if her fantabulousness is continuing at its current pace, which of course it naturally of course most definitely is in regards to her incredible essence as this beautiful little being, now the hope is that the health front will keep up with the magical essence side of the coin, and at this point, well, it is.

Wellie now, here it is a day or two later after I wrote the above. So. The kid is doing great. We took her into the pediatrician yesterday, and her thyroid is looking A-OK, her platelette count is up in normal range, the only thing really is that her muscle tone is a bit on the low side, but I swear she’s getting stronger every day. It is truly amazing, every day the kid looks more like a kid, you know what I mean? She’s still a baby, obviously (1 month tomorrow) but I hold her and look down into her little eyes and there’s more and more awareness & more & more distinction and it’s like, wow, I’ve got a little daughter here, she’s really starting to take note of what the world’s all about. Hope she likes what she sees.

The visit from my folks was great. My sister came out as well. A good time was had by all. They all fell instantly in love with the little one of course, and everyone cooed and oohed and aahed and squeezed and pinched and kissed, etc. We’re still on the chicken little side of the equation and have not told them about the DS. The rationale, which I think I mentioned in an earlier post, was to let them soak in and fall in love with the baby without any prejudice or preconceived notions, just grandparents and auntie meeting baby. And it went swimmingly, so much so that it’s scary to do anything to break the magic bubble, har har.

I’m getting ready to make the call though. Tell my folks the real deal lennox lewis. Was going to do it this week and drop the news on them but they’re leaving on a month long trip to the east coast and Europe in a couple days and it just didn’t seem fair to tell them right before that. One more month won’t a giant difference make. Let them enjoy their trip and I’ll tell them when they get back. I promise, yes, I will tell them when they get back. It will be a relief. I swear on the ancient moonstone of Babylon.

It’s funny, because to us, it’s just not a big deal any more. She’s doing so well, she’s just like any other kid, to us at least, so I find myself forgetting that she’s even got “it.” I know it’s unfair, though, to both my family and her, to wait too long, because I don’t want sneaking suspicions to grow over time or uncomfortable situations or yadda yadda yadda what have you. Get it over and done with I will, yoda said.

Anyway, besides that little bit of background drama, all is well. The little one is feeding like a champ, drinking more every day, we put her down for her “tummy time” a few times every day, which sometimes she loves and sometimes she hates. She was especially angry at us last night after an extended tummy session during which she screamed and cried, but hey kiddo, them’s the breaks. It ain’t all flowers and bunny rabbits, no pain no gain. She’s a tough kid, though, she made it this far, and she’s kicking ass, taking names, and I have every optimism that that trend will continue.

Hope all is well for you all. Aloooohaaa.


Comments:
Oh she is so adorable! Looks lke she's got a head full of hair too! I can't believe she'll be 1 month old already - time goes fast! She is precious - thanks for the new photos!
 
Princess Brylee is so beautiful! I am so glad to hear how well she is doing---and my, daddy you look quite proud.

She certainly has a head full of wonderful hair.

Thanks so much for the update-and for the pictures.
 
Hey, what a beautiful girl! And what a proud dad!

Excellent!
 
Hey daddy, can we get an update???? PPPPLLLLEEASE :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?