Friday, February 10, 2006

 

I don't pretend to understand all of which I say...

Wellie wellie well. Hi there. Thanks to the two commenters for saying howdy back (or prior) to me. All is well, you know, considering. We’re still freaking out here & there. Her more than me. She wonders if it’s something she did, if she was too stressed when we were trying to conceive, I reassure her that it was nothing either of us did, just a quirk of fate, that we should be happy this baby is coming to us, that we will take care of this baby, who will need special attention (something that all babies need, I remind her), and it is a blessing that this innocent little child is coming to someone who loves her and is ready for her and will educate themselves and do the best for her that they can possibly do. I admit that I have my moments of worry & concern as well, often, in fact. It’s hard when you look at little babies (which seem to be everywhere all of a sudden) and they all look so normal, which is of course relative, but I wonder, why them, why us, and then I know, or I think, that’s just the way it is, not that I necessarily believe in God per se, but I do believe that things happen for a reason (the hell if I know what those reasons are, though) and this child may be an extra challenge, but she may well give us extra joy of which we cannot possibly imagine at this time. In fact, I know she will, I know in my heart (and in my mind) that the intangibles and the degree to which she will make myself, my wife, and everyone (hopefully) and anyone she (my daughter) comes in contact with, better people, for the sheer understanding she will give them that quote unquote the norm and theoretical commonalities are not necessarily that which should be cherished any more than that which is different, and that underestimating those that you assume to be lesser in some way are almost always surprisingly superior in ways and means of what were thought by the obliviously ignorant to be inconsequential, and these facets and talents, when properly tapped and nurtured and given shine to be understood in the frameworks away from the money fame television society and given due justice in the courts of the heart prove to be of a worth all more important and vital to the health and sanctity of society as a whole than what could ever have been conceived, theoretically or not. Ummm, whatever that means. In simple terms, er, or, more groundedly, I believe she’ll have a unique effervescence and abundant talents all her own requiring no quantification or stamps of approval from the society as a whole, and if it comes, great, if it doesn’t, she’ll go on her merry way and live a life full of popcorn and daffodils. Ok, I’m in left field. Apologies and thx for listening. Have a good weekend, week, year, & life. Aloha.

Comments:
I used to call it the "volkswagon syndrome"; you know, when you had no interest in a certain car but once you did you focused on that car and saw it everywhere? It also is associated with the "I am pregnant and so is everyone else" syndrome. In addition, there is the infertile version, notably, "I can't get pregnant so why the hell is everyone else I see pregnant" version.

yup. I have been involved in many syndromes. I prefer Down syndrome.
 
Glad to hear things are going so well for you so fast. My wife just shared you blog with me and maybe It will motivate me to get mine caught up.

Congratulations on finding out you will be having a daughter and welcome to the journey. It will be great.

Talk more soon as Nash and I have been to breakfast, gymnastics class, got our haircut and now heading off to the movie to have popcorn, chocolate and coke for lunch. ahhhh it must be Saturday.

Jeff....AKA BigDawg.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?